Enjoy the discount and baking fun!
see all grocery products
Check out our blog for more...
All Pastry Ingredients
Weekly freshly arrival
See the Bread Proofing Basket
Click to see more Kitchen Tools
Kitchen First Aid
10月 09, 2019
Taste of Italy - Panettone
Prepare Time: 48 hours
Quantity: 2 pieces 17 cm
Ambient Temperature: 29°C
Difficulty : ***** (experience making sourdough bread)
[Day 1: #1Levain(3hours)>#2Levain(3hours)>#3Levain(3hours)>predough(12hours)]
Day 1 at 6am
Why bob's red mill artisan bread flour?
Artisan bread flour is good to make a long fermentation bread dough, as it is high gluten protein to 13.5%, you may use T80, as i use both before in bakery (see flour protein comparison>>)
*if you have a stronger starter(age starter) you can start from #2 : )
Day 1 at 10 am
Day 1 at 2 pm
1.Each part refresh levain allow to rise for approx. 3 hours and tripled in volume (the method is similar same as the "Build a Leavain")
2. check the temperature to adjust the time or volume.
3. Stir the dough for around 5 mins and cover in a container and the refresh levain need to be waited until tripled in volume.
4. Take out the butter in room temperature, prepare for the predough in next step.
REMARK: If your starter is store in fridge, take out from fridge at night before you start to make the #1 Levain. Otherwise from #1>#2>#3 between refreshing time is longer that 3 hours.
Panettone Predough: (The time is around 6-7pm. check and until the levain is tripled in volume, before to make the dough.)
1. Melt the caster sugar in the water over a low heat(don't boil), then add the flour and half of egg yolk combine in a stand mixer and mix thoroughly to obtain a smooth an elastic dough.
2. Add the #3Levain with remain egg yolks, mixing until combined. Finish by adding the soft butter a little at a time.
3. Let them ferment for 12 hours @ 28°C cover with plastic wrapper.
Day 2: 2nd dough(1 hours)>Cut it half and proofing(6 hours)>Icing topping> Bake(50mins)>Up side down(6-12 hours)
Day 2 at 7:00am
1. Knead the dough with day 1 pre-dough for about 10-15 mins
2. Add the sugar and egg yolks x 3 into the dough when kneading
3. Add honey, vanilla pod(seeds), orange and lemon zests.
4. Butter little by little add to the dough and mix until smooth, shiny and elastic. Mix together the candied oranges cube and raisins in finally. Allow to rest for one hour with cover.
5. divide the dough 1.5 hours later, cut in 2 pieces approx. 1000g in the Panettone mold Leave to rise for another 5-6 hours@28°C
6. AT around 3.30pm. Bake in a preheat oven @180°C for 20 Mins 170°C 30Mins
Comments will be approved before showing up.
8月 02, 2021
7月 14, 2021
6月 30, 2021