This rennet is a Double Strength, organic, microbial vegetable rennet for cheesemaking. Browse our collection of cheese recipes.
- 1 fl oz. bottle
- Double strength
- No animal byproducts
- Yield: Each 1 oz. bottle contains approximately 6 teaspoons which is enough to set up to 48 gallons of milk. (1/4 tsp. will set up to 2 gallons of milk.)
- Gluten free, non-GMO.
- All ingredients conform to organic standards.
- Double-strength microbial “vegetable” rennet derived from Mucor Miehei (Danisco Marzyme 55 PF), sodium chloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate.
Store rennet in refrigerator once opened. Will keep 4-6 months if stored properly.
Instructions for Using Organic Vegetable Rennet
- This rennet is DOUBLE STRENGTH.
- Use half as much as recipe calls for.
- Dilute required amount of rennet with 20 times its volume of cool, potable water.
- Immediately add into milk and stir for 2 minutes to uniformly distribute.