Sodium Alginate powder is essential for molecular gastronomy spherification technique. Food grade Sodium Alginate is a natural product extracted from brown seaweed that grows in cold water regions. It is soluble in cold and hot water with strong agitation and can thicken and bind. In presence of calcium, Sodium Alginate forms a gel without the need of heat. Sodium Alginate is used in the food industry to increase viscosity and as an emulsifier. It is also used in indigestion tablets. Sodium Alginate has no discernable flavor.
- Sodium Alginate is ideal for molecular gastronomy Basic & Reverse Spherification
- In presence of calcium, Sodium Alginate forms a gel without the need of heat
- Create spheres with liquid center and a delicate gel membrane
- High quality Sodium Alginate
- Equivalent to Algin from Texturas
Experiment the most popular molecular gastronomy techniques created by famous chefs like Ferran Adrian and Heston Blumenthal. Unleash your creativity and surprise your diners with amazing dishes.